Online Baccarat – What You Should Know Before Playing
- Comments Off on Online Baccarat – What You Should Know Before Playing
- Posted on
Contrary to popular belief, baccarat is a game that everyone can enjoy. Sure, it may seem a complicated game at first. But, once you understand the basic rules, you will see how fun and enjoyable it is. You don’t have to be an expert or a gambling master to play such a game. Because, much like most gambling games, online baccarat depends on luck and chance.
But, before getting into it and start spending real money playing it, there are a few things you should know and understand. And we are here to help you! Continue reading and begin your journey towards becoming a baccarat pro!
How to Play Baccarat?
In baccarat, there are three possible outcomes:
- A player will win
- The banker or dealer will win
- A tie
In this game, players will put their bet on either of the three possibilities. And, whichever hand is closest to nine wins. So, if you have placed your bet on the player’s hand and it is closest to nine, then you will win double of your bet.
On the other hand, if you’ve bet on the dealer and it wins, you will be paid 95% of your wager. Your third option, which is to have the same number of points as the banker, has the highest payout ratio of 8:1 or 9:1 as it has a smaller chance of happening.
Now, you are required to place a bet before the beginning of each round. This should be within the minimum and maximum limits of your table.
Then, there will be two faced-up cards given to each player as well as the banker. You would have to add them together to know the total. Here, you should remember the following:
- Cards 2 to 9 are at face value
- 10, Jack, Queen, and King have zero value
- Ace is worth one
If the total exceeds nine, the second digit of the sum counts as your number. So, for example, you have 8 and 9 (which has a total of 17), your hand counts as 7. After adding them up, these rules shall apply:
- If the player or banker has a total of 8 or 9 with the first two cards, it stands. Meaning, there will be no further action as either one of them can win without needing to draw another card. In this case, there can be a tie, or one can win over the other with a 9 versus 8 total.
- If the player or banker has a total of 6 or 7, it also stands.
- If the player’s total is 5 or less, an automatic third card is given.
- If the player has 6 or 7 and the banker’s total is 5 or less, the banker draws another card.
Odds and Strategies
The three possible outcomes in baccarat entail specific advantages for the house. However, expect them to be extremely low, unlike in other casino games such as blackjack or slots. Specifically, the house has an edge of only 1.24% for bets made for the player. For a wager on the banker, the house has an advantage of as little as 1.06%.
Then, the riskiest yet most tempting bet, a tie provides the casino a house advantage of 14.4%. Thus, for a higher chance of winning, your best bet is on the banker. The same applies to all baccarat games, whether played live or on online casinos.